Friday, September 01, 2006

A night at the movies!!!

A night at the movies...It is on the rare occasion that our singular theatre plays to the delight of the audience our "desi" masala movies that comes Complete with jumping jack jeetu steps... costume changes... disattention to detail...a whopping bum numbing three hours of leave-your-brains at home entertainment and a whole lot more. Well what can I say, i'm not the biggest Bollywood fan in these parts... to be really honest i'm not a fan in the least... But yes, on occasion i do allow myself to be lulled into the notion of being entertained fully by our multi talented - tasking glitterati of glittering stars....
Ok i did really enjoy Hum Tum- but that was cus i had the dvd and i cud fast forward the songs... but credit where credit is due... it was nice and Saif Ali was pretty pleasant on the eyes.
The movie i went to see last night was Krrish...with the rrr...
It had an annoying screeching wide eyed trying to be innocent while being a biatch heroine and Hrithik acting a tad less retarded as the son of the world famous in India Rohit mehra who was bestowed intelligence but no smarts by a kind alien!!!
Ok it had a few laughs.. Jest Eemaygeen... was pretty funny... I was reminscing with Hubby about Singapore cus we happened to be there during the filming of the movie catching a glimpse of the masked hair flying in the wind desi superhero during our first anniv. trip in Singapore... Memories... :)
Anyway... I would recommend this movie for anyone who has oodles of spare time and nothing better to do... and is not a die hard sci fi fan... but i mean having Nasrudeen Shah's character being the creator of the palm pilot/top would definitely be hi on any fiction list!!!

Is it a plane, is it a bird, is it a flailing madman...Yessssss.......Thassssssssss Krrrrrriiiiissssssssshhhh!!! Yeaaaaaaayyyyy

1 Comments:

Blogger Shal said...

Oh then I might disappoint you. I LOVE Bollywood movies.. and I do fast forward all the songs.. except in Khabi Kushi Khabi Gham.. (i don't know if i spelled that right)...

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home