Thursday, August 17, 2006

Weekend Dinners

Friday
I asked Hubby dearest if he was in a loving mood to come pick me up from work- his response Ahhnnhh... noooo babe... come to town and i'll pick you up. And so it was that i caught our daily mode of transport from office to home a big monstrosity of a bus!!!
Got home with less than 2 hours to spare to get dressed for an evening out to a special island dinner.
A cup of tea and several hurried dress rehearsals and 50 minutes later i was dressed but not quite. Hubby decided that the boat was gonna leave a sharp 1830 hrs and that we would miss it. My mascara hadnt even finished drying and he was tooting his horn in the car. A quick trip to the atm "just in case"... hubby meets old friend who he is happily chatting away with... when there are just seconds remaining to the 1830 boat catching deadline. I felt like doing some tooting alright.
Anyway got to the marina just to be told the boat was gonna be 30 mins late. Our friends came calmly just as the boat pulled in. Why... Why i ask was hubby of mine not nagging the pals!!!???!!!

15 minute boat ride later we pull up alongside this specatcular island... A lil golf cart awaits us to carry us to our destined restaurant. Halfway through our golf cart gave up and we reversed down the hill like an F1 driver gone berserk!!! So much for the thrill of our lives... Replaced old cart with new zoomed to our restaurant.. took our places while the chef parried on in sweet French while I nodded stupidly (well i did understand what he was talkin about!!!)
Starters buffet... main course 3 spoonfulls literally...Dessert buffet...But all in all a beautiful evening with good friends a cute waiter and well good food!!! So much for gourmet dining!!! :)

Saturday
Went to G's place- he has a great pad and a huge old lamb of a dog-fell in love immediately! (with doggie that is...)
Good food great friends and a whole lot of stuffing later we stumbled home a little later than cinderalla. I can honestly say i felt like a pumpkin!
Hubby got nagged for not getting ready on time and i threw the whole boat argument rite back at him! He wore his pink shirt- he looked kinda cute cudnt be too mad at him...

So yeah so much for weekend dinners-Think I may have made a nice stuffed turkey for someone higher on the foodchain!!!
There goes my 4 days at the gym!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Shal said...

Oh I am so jealous!!! You and your island dinners! I wish I could come :) and you could watch the little monster, ummm I mean angel :) hehe

Do you take pictures cause I would love to see this restaurant that you had to boat too!

7:47 PM  
Blogger Storm said...

Hey, don't worry moo moo. You can have mountain dinners instead :p

5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home